Did you know that some foods can stop cancer dead in its tracks? These foods are anti-angiogenic. This means they prevent blood vessel formation to cancerous cells such that tumors cannot thrive.
Dr. William Li, an international expert in health and the founder of the Angiogenesis Foundation explains that certain foods can turn off the switch to cancer. He says, “Mother nature has laced a large number of foods, beverages and herbs with naturally occurring inhibitors of angiogenesis.”
The following is a list of cancer-fighting, anti-angiogenic foods:
- Fruits: red grapes, berries, cherries, citrus, apples, pineapple, pumpkin
- Vegetables: kale, bok choy, artichokes, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, maitake mushrooms, soybeans
- Spices/Herbs: turmeric, nutmeg, lavender, ginseng, cinnamon, licorice
- Beverages: red wine, green tea
- Oils: olive oil, grape seed oil
- Seafood: tuna, sea cucumber
- Dessert: dark chocolate
There are a host of other anti-inflammatory foods, like most fruits and vegetables, which also help to inhibit cancer formation through different mechanisms.
Eating as close to nature as possible goes a long way in maintaining good health. Aim to eat colorful produce (preferably organic), grass-fed or pasture-raised meats and poultry, wild-caught fish, nuts and seeds, fermented foods, various herbs and spices, and lots of clean, filtered water.
Nourishing yourself with the right foods sets the stage for a robust, cancer-free body.
For more information on ways to prevent cancer, please read my book 360 Health: Your Guide to Cancer Prevention, Healing Foods, & Total Body Wellness. You can get it HERE.
Yours in good health,